Friday, December 18, 2009

there comes a time...

And so I begin to wrap up my last post of the year. It has been an interesting one, a short one to be sure, but interesting. I enjoyed writing what I have so far and of course look forward to continuing next year but I think I will take a break for the holidays. I think this calls for a little check up on the world today. In one sense, it’s like the whole world has come to a quiet reprieve for the holidays, a time to wind down and wind up for another year.

Something I have noticed recently is a more pronounced emphasis on Global Warming, or shall I say Global Climate Change. It’s not that it had never been an issue, it just seems like in the last couple months it has become a huge deal, where everyone is getting more interested as of late. Some of the world’s super powers had a meeting the other day to make an agreement on the greenhouse gas emissions of the world, nothings legal yet, but they have promised to meet a certain goal and it seems to bode well for now. I am not one who fully believes in Global Warming, or really I should say I am not one to get hyped up about it. I do believe that it is there, and I do believe that we should be looking to find better ways to do things, healthier, better stewards of what we have, but I also know that the world goes through seasons and patterns and it seems like there are enough scandals and hype in the media about Global Warming that no one really knows the true state and it seems to get exaggerated most of the time. I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy but I think we have a lot more to learn before we declare that the world is going to end soon.

Well gang, that’s it for this year,

Peace,

Kelsey Conner

No comments:

Post a Comment