Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ringing in the new year

Finally! It seems like it has taken forever for 2010 to find its way here. I love the new year, it seems so fresh and inviting- I like the feeling of starting over. I know we all come up with our resolutions that never seem to stick. This is definitely true for me! I am probably the worst, and this year, I hope that I WILL do better, I will actually accomplish something that I said I would do at the beginning. It seems like the years are so slow when you are actually in them, but at times like this, looking back on the past years, you realize just how fast they actually go. It almost makes you sad. I hope that for the new year we all will have the opportunity to make a fresh start and to find meaning in what we are doing, enough to feel accomplished and that we have a purpose in life, sometimes I feel that myself, that the days just seem to repeat.

I also hope that this year will be a fresh start for our country as well. The "Christmas Day Bomber" as he has been affectionately dubbed, is currently being dealt with, and I can only hope that this is a perfect opportunity for our country to turn over a new leaf. President Obama finished his ‘discussions’ with the department heads all over the nation, and hopefully there will be some heads rolling for this awful occurrence. It seems so unreal almost, like we didn’t think it could happen anymore. We need to keep focused. Obama said in his address that there will always be people looking to kill Americans and we need to be looking out for them. If you didn’t get a chance to hear Obama’s speech I think it something you should look into – can get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment