Sunday, December 13, 2009

year 2

As the New Year rolls around President Obama starts his next term in office and he is just one step closer to being either re-elected or... not. It’s kind of a tossup right now. There are enough people who are unhappy with his work, and yet many people are obsessed with him. I personally have no idea. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he is re-elected but there are still 3 more years and I could definitely see that changing, especially when people examine his money management.

The new health care plan will cost our nation a lot of money and we don’t even know if it will work. Unfortunately we can’t really afford any of that, yet we still are going through with it. I don’t really know if I like or dislike the plan, but I do know it is a huge issue that will affect everyone in the nation and it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. I am kind of disappointed that we couldn’t come up with something a little more versatile, so that the rest of the nation does not have to pay for everyone else’s heath care. I mean, I think we should all help each other but, it doesn’t really make sense to save money by spending more money on something that will affect only a minority, something that could be handled better with, perhaps another sort of plan requiring less of everyone else.

My view of the government health care plan is tied to Regina Herzlinger’s as she refutes the plan, but embraces some sort of plan, with as little government intervention as possible. According to her, we should be able to have a consumer based health insurance, but have it backed by the government. Their job should be to regulate the system, but not force how they provide care, let the consumer demand their own care.

Over all, I think we have a long ways to go, and Obama has an even longer way I think. He has a lot to do, to learn yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment