Sunday, October 25, 2009

8-0

IOWA.... The Iowa-Michigan state game last night was quite the cardio exercise for some people. When it looked like all was lost for the Hawkeyes perfect record in the fourth quarter, the Hawkeye spirit prevailed. Hawks scored a last minute touchdown the end the game 15 -13. At the end of the game I almost felt sorry for MSU. Being a Hawkeye fan, my heart was pounding in those last few seconds when it looked like we would lose, but the relief that flooded me when we won...? that was spectacular. As the camera roved over the MSU fans, to see their face, it was pretty close to heart breaking. They looked like they didn't even know what had hit them. It was practically for sure that they were going to win and when the hawks just slid one in there, they were totally bereft. Maybe it was because what they were experiencing was exactly what we Hawkeye fans were just going through that I was able to sympathize with them. I felt really sorry that they were just so… lost. . When the camera stayed on a young man for five minutes it just showed him standing there, his hands on his head, totally shocked that they had lost. I almost felt really, really sorry for him. But I didn’t. I with held. I was ecstatic that our team was now eight and O, on its way to a bowl, hopefully the Rose Bowl. I really don’t know what more to say. I am overjoyed. Ricki Stanzi totally just let it rip last night. Although it seemed like he hadn’t contributed that much, In the end he found just the right opportunity to bring it home. If I was a Hawkeye football player right now, I don’t have a clue about what I would be thinking right now, all I’d know was that we had won… something like OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH….. just playing over and over again in my head.

GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment